[Sca-cooks] bugs in grain

Bj Jane Tremaine vikinglord at cox.net
Sun Oct 28 11:48:24 PDT 2007

When I get home I put the flour, beans what ever in the freezer in the
original package.  After 48 hrs or when I remember it, I take the stuff out
and put in Tupperware, if damp I let the original package dry out before
opening.  I do not have much trouble with damp packaging only during the
monsoon season in San Diego County( That means we get humidity, AZ gets the
rain).  This is also when I am buying general supplies, stuff for specific
meal or upcoming banquet I do not bother with because I will use it before
there is a problem..  It is when large quantizes are purchased and stored in
a pantry that I have had problems.

I also freeze any kind on cake mix, flavored noodles etc in a box , took
care of all of my worm problems.

Know if I just get rid of the roaches,  The little brown ones, which is why
all my food is either in Tupperware or plastic bags. The Termanix guy told
me short of burning the house down they are impossible to get rid of and are
mostly after water not food, that they can find plenty of in the walls.

Jana