[Sca-cooks] Bugs in grain

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 13:40:24 PDT 2007

How did you get ride of them? I got them from spices I bought in
England. They are called Indian Pantry Moths, a hell to be rid of
them. We called the fumicide company thrice, they fumigated the
closets and the cupboard. All the food we had on the closets are gone,
spices, flour, sugar, salt, tea, coffe. But they are still there, each
time we open a closet they fly to the roof of the kitchen and are
there.
I still don't understand how can they survive almost one year without
any scrap of food, now we keep everything in the fridge and the
kitchen bank is so sterlile as a NASA spaceship.
Any advice?
Ana

On 10/28/07, Audrey Bergeron-Morin <audreybmorin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've been baking for, oh, about 30 years, give or take, in various houses
> > and apartments, both places I've lived and places I've visited, all across
> > the state of Michigan and across the United States, and I've never, ever,
> > EVER had bugs in my flour.
>
> I got them only once, in wheat germ bought in bulk. The wheat germ was fine
> for about two weeks after we brought it home, then we started seeing a bug
> escaping the closet every time we opened it. They looked like moths,
> actually, and the bag of wheat germ was FULL of wriggling moths.
>
> Soon afterwards we noticed the moths flying around the bulk store where I'd
> bought the wheat germ, and it took several months for them to get rid of the
> infestation - I guess, for them, it's not as simple as throwing out the bag
> of flour and starting over, especially if one of their suppliers keeps
> shipping infested bags....

http://caravia.stumbleupon.com
http://www.crusading.se

Skarpnäcks Allé 45 ll tr
12833 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth
with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you
will always long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci