[Sca-cooks] Jam (was Medieval Questionnaire)

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Oct 29 19:55:02 PDT 2007

Dragging Anne Wilson's revised edition of The Book of Marmalade off
the shelf-- she includes a recipe for Condoignac from Le Menagier, a
Chardequynce from A Leechbook, and A.W.'s To make drie marmalde of peaches
from 1587. One of the main sources to look at is the 1608 A Closet for
Ladies and
Gentlewomen.

Johnnae

Daniel Myers offered: