[Sca-cooks] I don't want to die

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Mon Oct 29 21:32:56 PDT 2007

Probably just a cultural difference, Suey....Olwen was responding to a bit that I'd written, under the topic of freckles.  My post was a bit silly/adult naughty, and Olwen was responding in kind.  For all that we're a pleasure-loving country, there's a strong thread of puritanical moralism in American culture and history that tells us (who are interested in, uhm, most naughty things) that it will send us straight to hell.  A counter to this is jokes about having a better time in hell (with the implication that it'll be more fun and more interesting), and that one's friends will be there.  It's not meant seriously, generally.
--Maire