[Sca-cooks] questions relating to food on airlines

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 07:14:59 PDT 2007

Good points.  Not sure about taste changing, but I suspect part of the
problem with fish is that the food has to be reheated...which will possibly
overcook the fish.  The only way around this is the way one of the chefs
actually had the appliances on the aircraft do the cooking.

Kiri (heading for the airport as we speak...on my way to K'zoo for the
MKCC!)

On 10/30/07, terry l. ridder <terrylr at blauedonau.com> wrote:

> hello;
>
> sunday, while my daughter and i were watching the next ironchef
> episode, alton brown kept referring to foods that would not be
> served on airlines. alton brown, did not explain why one would
> not want to serve them. would anyone on the list have pointers
> to the whys?
>
> the other interesting tidbit of information from the episode, is
> that at cruising altitude food tastes different than on the ground.
> that foods must be 'over' spiced to have the same taste at cruising
> altitude as the same food would have on the ground. would anyone on
> the list have pointers as to why the sense of taste changes while
> flying?
>
> --
> terry l. ridder ><>

Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
                    -- C.E. Lawrence