[Sca-cooks] Food for a Demo

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Tue Apr 1 15:58:22 PDT 2008

Our shire is a campus group, but always has trouble getting actual students involved. Tomorrow we are doing a public demo on campus, and they are bribing the students to talk to us by having free pizza.  I opened my mouth and said shouldn't we have PERIOD food?  So, I'm going to make some.

I'm looking for something, relatively cheap and easy, not too weird for students, but different enough to be interesting.   For this I want something with an actual period recipe, please.  I wont be able to cook on site, it will need to be made ahead, but its my day off, so I have some time.

I was thinking handheld pies of some type.  Any suggestions?

Ranvaig