[Sca-cooks] candy suggestions needed

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Tue Apr 1 17:31:28 PDT 2008

I'm doubting there is a medieval recipe for what I'd like to do but I'd
really welcome ideas from you smart folks.

A while ago I got to thinking that it'd be fun to start giving 'thank you
for being one staff' gifts TO the Autocrat (it's traditional for the
autocrat to give thank you's to their staff) and at an upcoming event that I
am cooking for, we have a serious chocolate lover running the show.

A couple of weeks ago I went to MTA in Jamestown and 2oz of roasted criollo
(cacao) beans jumped out at me. It was my thought to cook up a heavy sugar
suspension with maybe a tiny bit of vanilla in it and use it to coat the
nibs. But perhaps that is too plebeian. I am not a chocolate lover so don't
really know what would be the best way to treat these little darlings before
giving them to Margret.

Got any ideas? (Obviously, I'm not too worried about 'is it period'. I'm
more concerned about it being really special and delicious and worthy of a
hard-working event organiser.)

Hrothny