[Sca-cooks] Favorite dessert?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Apr 3 09:35:31 PDT 2008

Kathleen A Roberts wrote:

> wow, you just made me realize how little we eat dessert at
> our house.  i guess that's good in a way.  it is truly a
> special seasonal treat and not SOP.
>
> of course, one can never say no to a cupcake!
>
> spring:  sliced strawberries on vanilla ice cream (and
> moosh it up, please)
>
> summer:  watermelon and/or canteloupe with salt

My son's birthday is 2 June, and since he was 2 he's had smooshed
strawberries over angel food cake, sometimes with a bit of vanilla ice
cream. And I try to make sure they're local berries- so much better than
ones that have been trucked for hundreds of miles!

Have you ever tried adding rosewater to your salted melons? It's really
good! (I can't eat melons anymore but I remember how yummy that was...)

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore