[Sca-cooks] Favorite Dessert?

Stanza693 at wmconnect.com Stanza693 at wmconnect.com
Fri Apr 4 08:33:12 PDT 2008

In a message dated 4/3/2008 10:00:57 PM Mountain Daylight Time, Admantius
writes:

> I can't speak for this particular usage, but one possibility is to
> identify it as a cake leavened with neither egg foam (i.e. sponge
> cake) nor yeast, but made by starting out by creaming together butter
> and sugar, then adding eggs and flour (which may or may not have
> additional chemical leavening added to it). In practice, anything from
> pound cake to the standard American-type yellow layer cake type
> entity, or its chocolate or other-flavored counterpart.

Oh, that made me think of the dessert my husband's family uses for all of
their special occassions.  (After 10 years of marriage, I finally got to *see*
the recipe!)  It's called "Hummingbird Cake".  It is 3 layers of what is best
described as a spice cake with a homemade cream cheese frosting and sprinkled
with nuts.  (Maybe after a few more years, I'll be trusted to *have* the
recipe!!)

Constanza   </HTML>