[Sca-cooks] period paper dolls

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Fri Apr 4 13:34:11 PDT 2008

Stefan came to my defense with:
Well, you did say Baronial coronet, rather than Laurel Medallion. But
those are the times when I wish I had, at least, the Florilegium on
hand. Maybe if I get the iPhone which I'm considering or something
similar.

LOL - thank you Stefan!  But I was not trying to put forth period paper
dolls, I was showing a method I used to teach kids about an historical time
period through the use of the Flat Stanley concept of today. S'ok, my
baronial coronet is just a bunch of lumpy rocks, and I'm not even sure I had
on any of my medallions, as I was dropping my entry off and going out to do
laundry that day. Obviously her glitzy headgear caused some glare that she
couldn't see through, even past the end of her nose ;)  I have to admit, it
didn't look like much compared to the fancy embroidery or armor or
leatherwork that was displayed there, but I thought it was a cool concept
and wanted to share it.  From the overwhelming positive comments I got back,
it seemed to resonate with lots of other folks, as well. And as an associate
friend said to me: "You can get away with paper dolls, you don't have
anything to prove!".  Sad but true, maybe.
In any case, I love the idea and help out anytime I can when a flat person
comes my way.  I like to encourage it when I can.  I even sent a Flat
Christianna to the last Revelwood Art Show, since I couldn't be there and
needed to send an entry.  She obviously had a very ...um... special time
while there. ;)

Christianna, the decidedly NOT-Flat one!