[Sca-cooks] Favorite dessert?

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Fri Apr 4 16:26:04 PDT 2008

>Incidentally, what started all this was my lady wife's attempt to buy
>a decent, ordinary layer cake in Manhattan, and what she found was
>some kind of allegedly white chocolate thing that was six inches
>across, and I believe cost $38, and of all the things it was, the one
>thing it obviously was not, was _good_.

There is a place here (Columbus Ohio) called Mozart's that makes lovely pastries, but also makes cake with real butter frosting.  I'm not a cake person, and usually hate frosting, but I really liked theirs.  I never actually paid for one, they used to have them at work now and then, but I'm sure they weren't cheap. (btw if you go look at the pictures, all the little "black and white" flowers are really dark and white chocolate.

http://www.mozartscafe.com/

Ranvaig