[Sca-cooks] Favorite Dessert

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 5 01:19:50 PDT 2008

Huette wrote:
>  Cranberry Pecan Pie sounds interesting.  I guess I will have to find some
>  room in my pecan pie to add some cranberries.  I posted my recipe for
>  pecan pie last November.  It is chock full of pecans and is equally
>  delicious made with Splenda as it is with sugar.
>
>  I also make a lemon chess pie, but I adulterate it with several cups of
>  blueberries.  Yum!
>
>  Speaking of pies ... Maire, you owe us a recipe for Ohio Shaker Lemon
>  Merangue Pie.  Please don't forget again!

Kiri replied
>Well, you are one of the first from outside the south, particularly
>Virginia, that I've run into that's even heard of this kind of pie...too
>bad, it's really wonderful!

Which one of the several delightful pies Huette mentioned did you mean?

A local bakery, that has since gone strictly wholesale, and i rarely
see there stuff anymore (Just Desserts), made a cranberry-pecan torte
that i used to buy at least 15 years ago. I brought it to
Thanksgiving every year for a few years, but my family complained
that it wasn't sweet enough. So i continued to buy them for myself
and my daughter for holidays at home - Just Desserts offered several
sizes and the one we bought was less that 9".

I think i mentioned that this year i was in Sandy Eggo, not for
Thanksgiving, but from the 26 of Dec to the 1 of Jan. So i baked two
pecan pies at my mom's house using Huette's recipe, which i had
already tested on myself (mmm-mmm-mmm). Mom, my daughter and i had
one (which we didn't finish, so i got to take a bit home), and i gave
the other to my brother for his family. There were definitely no
complaints.

Thanks, Huette.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)