[Sca-cooks] period cream puffs?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Apr 10 15:24:05 PDT 2008

Lady Elizabeta Maria dei Medici mentioned:
<<< 2.  Catherine's pastry chef was an Italian, Popelini.
He created the Choux pastry recipe.>>>

What is Choux pastry? or maybe more important, what makes a pastry a
Choux pastry?

<<<  Cream puffs are
period if you use some sort of sweet or savory filling
that would be period.  (I've used Ricotta mixed with
Honey or cinnamon and sugar or lemon curd.  All are
really good.) >>>

Oh? I don't remember anything like this being discussed here before.
Stuffed bread, yes. But not stuffed pastry. What are you basing this
on? Do you have a period recipe? Can you please post your redaction
(s)? These sound like they might make a good item for a sideboard or
breakfast.

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------