[Sca-cooks] The Musical Fruit(s)

Barbara Benson voxeight at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 10:18:15 PDT 2008

>  Adamantius
>  Could we be dealing with the mysterious law that says it is okay, in
>  certain parts of the world, to call the 1500's the 15th century?

That always makes my brain hurt. I thought the 15th century claims
were a bit odd also.

Cuoco Neo. is latter half of the 15th century - so I expect you are
right. Wishful thinking on my part.

But the curiosity is still piqued for me in the implications for 16th
century recipes. I am actually planning a 16th century Italian feast
and looking to the earlier stuff just for some inspirations. Mostly
because I am trying to understand the Italian cuisine. I have been
doing a good bit of comparing Martino to Platina and the Cuoco Neo. is
in the same tradition and helps shed some light on some issues.

Thanks for your response.

--
Serena

ps: sorry for the double post. I have disciplined G-Mail and it should
not happen again.