[Sca-cooks] Recipegate reply from Isabella

Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Wed Apr 16 19:39:37 PDT 2008

Well, to me it looks like a pretty standard chocolate chip cookie recipe,
with the addition of the oats. To give Senator Clinton her due, at some
point in her life she probably baked some cookies, and maybe made some with
Chelsea when she was a kid. Both Dan and I make cookies with Margaret, our
oldest, who will be six in July. I don't need to tell the good gentles on
this list how much fun that is to do.
I am in danger of going on a populist rant now, (Dan's getting a little
tired of hearing my populist rants this year (;-p ) so I will close by
saying  that my own personal favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe is Alton
Brown's puffy cookies, I used to use the one on the back of the Toll House
bag, but they tended to scorch around the edges. I had to leave a batch of
this once, and by the time I was able to get back to it the chocolate chips
had melted, so after calling my brother in law the health inspector to make
sure I wouldn;t be poisoning us, I stirred it up and had some rather
interesting chocolate cookies. My personal favorite chocolate chips are the
Ghirardelli Double Chocolate. They're nice and big, a good dark chocolate.
Some time I'll make it with the 70% or 85% Lindt just to see how it comes
out. I save the 85% Lindt for when I'm studying for a big test; Dan won't
touch it. Too much chocolate for him...(;-)
Cookies are so much more fun than politics, but politics is better than war,
so it's all relative. If there is a more perfect food in the world than a
good chocolate chip cookie, I haven't had it yet!
Signing off with hunger pangs,
Isabella de la Gryffin
(Dan's better half-his favorite cookies are oatmeal raisin)

Frank Zappa

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like
administering medicine to the dead.
Thomas Paine