[Sca-cooks] Answers to my contest

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Apr 21 17:32:55 PDT 2008

This is what comes from having the home library that I have assembled
over the past 35 years and
spent a fortune on. I can play word games like this.
And yes, I looked the words up in various printed sources. Old fashioned
things like books and journals!
If you sorted the words out by date and made some reasonable guesses
to to where they might have appeared it worked out.
But of course I own these sorts of sources and have them at hand.

My guess is that the words could have been "googled" also with the
answers found. I didn't go there
and I haven't run a test to see if they turn up or not. I suspect they
are all there, though.
If not in "google" itself, then in google books! Certainly they would
have been in OED too.

Johnnae