[Sca-cooks] inocene and vocab

Stanza693 at wmconnect.com Stanza693 at wmconnect.com
Wed Apr 23 09:39:14 PDT 2008

In a message dated 4/22/2008 7:33:42 PM Mountain Daylight Time, Suey writes:

>     I think Stefran ask how I could get such a good score that I did,
> without the prize of a a dinner in Phily mind you  :-) Could we have a
> contest from medieval Spanish to English?  Maybe I could beat Johanna O:-)

Hmmm....  There's an interesting thought.  Involving words of non-English
origin.  It would be educational to compile some of the medieval words that give
us all fits in other languages.  I know I've learned a lot from listening when
Gwen Cat and Ranvaig discuss the German recipes.

I might be able to get a few of the Spanish ones IF we could use the RAE and
IF it was up at the time.  I had a devil of a time with some costuming
translation that I was working on last week and couldn't get into the older RAE
dictionaries for a while.

Constanza Marina de Huelva   </HTML>