[Sca-cooks] New World Foods

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sat Apr 26 08:51:52 PDT 2008

snow flake wrote:
> maple syrup perhaps... but a lot of different trees have sap that i find hard to believe no one would have tried to do something with.  Have to look at the trees across europe now.  ;c)

I was looking at that a couple of years ago for a writing project, and
while they had maples in Europe, they did not have Sugar Maples- those
are native to what is now the eastern US. Which is not to say that the
Europeans didn't tap tree sap, but I don't know of any instances of it
until the discovery of the Americas.

Bear, do you know more about this?

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore