[Sca-cooks] New World Foods / potato in Rumpolt?

Jane Tremaine vikinglord at cox.net
Sun Apr 27 14:24:32 PDT 2008

I have read a research paper showing that the Daphne of France ate Potatoes
prepared just like Truffles and in Germany they were eaten regularly.  But
in England only one guy had them in his hothouse and they were considered
odd.. all of this is in the 16th century.  My point being to say in general
a food was not eaten in our time period is a misnomer and should be
carefully researched for differences in regional preferences.

Jana