[Sca-cooks] A very impressive feast

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 03:38:29 PDT 2008

We did have a couple who are very involved in doing things totally in a
period fashion organized the service for our last major event feast (last
June) along 15th century lines.  They used pages as their servers and, while
their own sons were in 15th century garb, the others weren't.  Also,
unfortunately, it got a little spoiled when one parent (known for
unreasonable temper tantrums) got very upset when she claimed that the
couple in question were ordering her son around!  The rest of us kind of
looked at the situation and were aghast at her reaction.  If she didn't want
her son being told what to do, why did she volunteer him??  Sigh.

But it was very impressive, or at least what I saw was.  As usual, I was
helping in the kitchen!

Kiri