[Sca-cooks] translations of scappi was Re chuck vs bottom round

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 09:25:55 PDT 2008

Niccolo difrancesco wrote:
BTW, I am out of the loop on Helewyese's translation and its availability.
Can one purchase said translation yet?

Helewyse replies, why should you pay for it, what I have done is freely available on my website and has been for a long long time: http://www.geocities.com/helewyse
Now if you are talking about the much rumored (yes it does exist Johnnae tracked it down about a year ago) full translation of Scappi into English by Terrence Scully then that is another matter.
Johnnae can you confirm that I'm getting this right as I'm trying to remember off the top of my head.
It got turned down by University of Michigan press (original rumored release date was spring 2007 I think) then it got sent to University of Toronto press (where I think it languishes if it hasn't been sent away yet).
So there is a full translation of scappi out there, all 1000+ recipes, just not mine.
If you want pieces and parts you have to kind of hit my website and hope that you find what you need (I'm trying to organize it better). I also do translaitons on request for specific type recipes (e.g. I have lamb and need a roast recipe, I have lamb and need a stew recipe, I have lamb fries and need a pie recipe etc.)
Helewyse