[Sca-cooks] truffles

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 28 22:18:47 PDT 2008

Bear said:
<<< I have no problem with the Dauphin eating potatoes prepared in
the manner of
truffles, but I would really like to know which Dauphin and I would
like to
know how he had his truffles prepared.>>>

I too, would love to see some info on how he had his truffles
prepared. Or, for that matter, any period directions on how they were
prepared or a period recipe.

I do have this file in the Florilegium PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES
section, but unfortunately I don't remember it having any information
on the preparation of truffles (at least the mushrooms).
truffles-msg       (6K) 10/24/02    Truffles. The mushroom and the
candy.

Thanks,
    Stefan
--------