[Sca-cooks] A very impressive feast

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Apr 28 22:30:12 PDT 2008

> On Apr 27, 2008, at 4:49 PM, David Friedman wrote:
>
>> Yesterday Elizabeth and I attended a West Kingdom Collegium which
>> ended with a small feast--about 44 guests. The food, so far as I
>> could tell, was all from 14th-15th c. English cookbooks, and
>> competently done, which was nice.
>>

> [...]
>
>> For details see:
>> http://www.caldarium.org/collegium/?q=node/3
>>
>> Has anyone else done this sort of thing at this level before?

Not as far as I know in the SCA, at least not for many of those
details.  I do have these two feast reviews in the FEASTS section of
the Florilegium, but the second one wasn't SCA.

Good-Fd-Feast-art (26K)  3/30/98    Description of a fancy feast done
in Lochac.
Kentwell-Hall-art (25K)  6/25/98    A period kitchen at a Living
History site.

I do wonder about several of the statements that were in the
description of the feast on the website, but I'll ask them in another
message. I have saved the reviews posted here by Master Cariadoc and
Urtatim to create a feast review file of this feast and have emailed
Mistress Crystal to see if I might get a copy of the feast handout to
add to these.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas