[Sca-cooks] Trying to identify some kitchen items

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 08:35:42 PDT 2008

I forwarded you missive to the Drachenwald list in hopes of finding someone there who may shed some light on this.

Did you happen to see one of the odd scales I am told almost everyone in Denmark has in their kitchens?  I haven't seen one but my daughter was trying to figure out how to score one for me since I collect scales (and novelty pens).

The "smorgasbord" is the typical way meals are done, at least in Denmark.  Lots of offerings to chose from and pile onto a dark heavy bread or cracker thing.  There is one fancy restaurant there that has developed something they call "smushi", which has been added to the courses offered in the Culinary Schools there.  I am facinated.  I think I could make a living over there!

Olwen