[Sca-cooks] Books on Dishes

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 19:06:42 PDT 2008

--- Volker Bach <carlton_bach at yahoo.de> wrote:

> Salvete
>
> a quick question: I'm looking for good books on
> ceramics for use in serving Mediterranean cuisine
> (Arab, Italian, Spanish, Byzantine). I have Ken Dark:
> Byzantine Pottery (which is good).
>
> Now I've seen Geza Fehervari: Islamic Pottery and
> Arthur Lane: Later Islamic Pottery. Are these good?
>
> And especially - does anyone know where I can find
> more information on Italian and more generally Western
> ceramics?
>
> Thanks
>
> Giano

Hi Giano!

My husband, Master Hroar, has also made a bibliography for Islamic Pottery books:

Islamic Pottery Bibliography

“Ceramics of the Islamic World in the Tareq Rajab Museum”
Geza Fehervari
ISBN 1-86064-430-9

“Early Islamic Pottery: Materials and Techniques”
Anne-Marie Keblow Bernsted
ISBN 1-873132-98-0

“Shine Like the Sun: Lustre-Painted and Associated Pottery
from the Medieval Middle East”
Robert B.J. Mason
ISBN 1-56859-096-2

“Ceramics from Islamic Lands: Kuwait National Museum, The
Al-Sabah Collection”
Oliver Watson
ISBN 0-500-97634-1

”Raqqa Revisited: Ceramics of Ayyubid Syria”
Marilyn Jenkins-Madina
ISBN 1-58839-184-1

“Ancient Iranian Ceramics; from the Arthur M Sackler Collections”
Trudy S. Kawami
ISBN 0-8109-193-3

“Ashmolean Museum: Medieval Middle Eastern Pottery”
J.W. Allan
Ashmolean Museum, publishers

“Benaki Museum Athens: Early Islamic Pottery. Ninth to Late Twelfth Centuries”
Helen Philon
ISBN 0-85667-698-7

So, if the Geza Fehervari book we have is the same as the one you listed, then it is good.
I haven't seen the Arthur Lane book.

Since, Dragon posted the other bibliographies that my husband put together, I won't post them
again here.

Huette

My thoughts are whirled like a potter's wheel;   King Henry VI, part I: I, v
http://www.twoheartsentwinedpottery.com/