[Sca-cooks] Books on Dishes

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu Apr 3 05:33:47 PDT 2008

The one that I have at home is Coutts. The Art of Ceramics.
European Ceramic Design 1500-1800. It's good on the Renaissance stuff.

There are probably a hundred or more volumes worth looking at and this
is where
a good art library comes in handy as one just browses in the sections
and pulls out the
interesting books.

FYI-- Scholars Bookshelf has several ceramics volumes on sale at the
moment. That might be
of use to those of us that are stateside.
http://www.scholarsbookshelf.com/default.asp?userid=&pageid=4

Johnnae

Salvete

a quick question: I'm looking for good books on
ceramics for use in serving Mediterranean cuisine
(Arab, Italian, Spanish, Byzantine). I have Ken Dark:
Byzantine Pottery (which is good).

Now I've seen Geza Fehervari: Islamic Pottery and
Arthur Lane: Later Islamic Pottery. Are these good?

And especially - does anyone know where I can find
more information on Italian and more generally Western
ceramics?

Thanks

Giano