[Sca-cooks] Favorite Dessert

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Apr 3 09:25:50 PDT 2008

>>> OK, so what is your favorite dessert? Period or not, just curious...
>>>
>> Just about anything with caramel. I'm not really a dessert person, but I am
>> a sucker for caramel...

I'm also a sucker for caramel. Oooh, baby! Dulce de Leche is my favorite
ice cream flavor... well, you can keep the ice cream part- just give me
the DdL! Oh, and one of the local restaurants has something they call a
'Black and Tan Brownie'- Brownie with chocolate chips and caramel chips,
topped with vanilla ice cream, and caramel sauce. I practically lick the
plate!

I also really like pumpkin pie- but _my_ pumpkin pie. The regular recipe
is pretty insipid. Mine has molasses, and a bit of poudre forte and a
bit of saffron. Mmm...

For a period dessert I really like the Flan of Almayne, of the Tarte of
Strawberye, which is known in my circle as it 'Barbie pink pie'. :-)

'Lainie

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore