[Sca-cooks] Favorite Dessert?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 4 08:50:16 PDT 2008

On Apr 4, 2008, at 11:33 AM, Stanza693 at wmconnect.com wrote:
> Oh, that made me think of the dessert my husband's family uses for
> all of
> their special occassions.  (After 10 years of marriage, I finally
> got to *see*
> the recipe!)  It's called "Hummingbird Cake".  It is 3 layers of
> what is best
> described as a spice cake with a homemade cream cheese frosting and
> sprinkled
> with nuts.  (Maybe after a few more years, I'll be trusted to *have*
> the
> recipe!!)

We're all rootin' for you!

But if you do a search in Google, say, for "hummingbird cake", there
are a bunch of recipes among the some 80,000 hits. Maybe you can find
one that's close, or better yet, one your husband will privately admit
he likes better ;-).

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter