[Sca-cooks] Banana Bread

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 10 09:33:09 PDT 2008

Liz Wilson wrote:
> I am in need of a banana bread recipe (period or not period).  While I'm sure
> that Africa and so forth had bananas of a sort, I don't know if they made
> bread from them.  However, I have three bananas that would be perfect
> for this endeavor.  I can check my church cookbooks and such but I know
> this list will have the perfect recipe.
>
> Christianna (newbie)

Really not period, despite the occurence of a Banana Bread Competition
at Estrella War last.  *facepalm*  However, in order to answer your
request... I use the old reliable version from THE JOY OF COOKING, which
I've found online here:
http://www.joyofbaking.com/breakfast/BananaBread.html

Do yourself a favor and use real butter and all that.  It matters.

With friendship,
Selene Colfox, Caid