[Sca-cooks] Grand Tournament of the Unicorn Feast Review - Long Post

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Apr 16 06:00:28 PDT 2008

Greetings Avelyn

 From your descriptions it appears that this site has several inherent
problems.
No kitchen onsite, no prep area save a hallway, and no running water
past 8PM.
To that was added the lack of help in general and for cleaning,  and
lack of servers. Not knowing a firm feast count is also a major problem.
Then add the almost always present probable Society issues of court
running late, schedule changing,
the addition of entertainment at the last minute, late start to feast, etc.
At this point about all you can do is make sure that the next headcook
knows that these
issues are inherent with this site and or possibly this event.
Perhaps the event really doesn't need a full feast but would be better
served by
a dessert revel or sideboard of cold portable dishes. Would something
like this
have worked better and been just as appreciated?

Lastly, give yourself some time to recover and perhaps your outlook will
change.

Johnnae