[Sca-cooks] Recipegate reply from Isabella

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 16 06:57:25 PDT 2008

On Apr 16, 2008, at 10:08 AM, Daniel & Elizabeth Phelps wrote:
> Ha!! Somehow, I'm not surprised. I saw the headline for this story,
> and I
> said to myself "Yeah, riiiight... when was the last time that woman
> ever got
> her hands dirty cooking her own food, if ever???"
> The lovely thing about the internet is that it makes it real hard to
> get
> away with shenanigans like that these days.
> Thanks for an amusing start to my day, Johnnae!

Gee, in 1991 or 2, Hillary Clinton and Barbara Bush were asked for
their favorite cookie recipe, I think by some magazine, and Mrs. Bush
promptly provided one, tactfully neglecting to mention that she hadn't
eaten a bite of food prepared by herself in her entire life. Mrs.
Clinton answered foolishly, but honestly, saying, "Cookies? Are you
kidding me? When could I possibly have time to worry about cookies?"

That was a big scandal, too...

It never ends. I think we, as a nation, may have some pretty strange
expectations (especially since they have not been and will not be
codified in any way) of our First Ladies, and aspirants thereto. It
probably goes back to Livia Augusta being the Mother of the Country
and all...

I did like how they changed the name from "Napa Cabbage Salad" to
"Napa Cabbage Slaw", so nobody would know ;-)

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter