[Sca-cooks] Period Cookbooks and Period to modern glosseries

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Apr 17 20:32:30 PDT 2008

The problems that you are having are not related to the Florithingy
but to the fact that earliest true English recipes were not recorded
in the late 12th century. That would be the 1100's.

Among the earliest English manuscripts are the two Anglo-Norman
collections and those are
late 13th-early 14th centuries.
When the Concordance of English Recipes was titled, it was subtitled
Thirteenth through Fifteenth Centuries. There was a valid reason for that.
Perhaps the introduction to that volume would give you a better idea of what
is available for study and what centuries are not represented in terms of
English recipes.

Johnna