[Sca-cooks] Okay, it's "Very Stupid Question" time...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 18 08:59:06 PDT 2008

On Apr 18, 2008, at 11:33 AM, Dragon wrote:

> I think the explanation is quite mundane...
>
> Note the proximity of the letter "i" to the letter "o" on the
> standard keyboard. Combine that with the predilection of some people
> to not proofread their writing and the "pork chip" has been invented.
>
> :-)

I had noted that, actually, although perhaps my own reference to typos
was a little unclear.

> The only other explanation I have would be something like cracklins,
> which as I am sure I don't have to elaborate are the much tastier
> (and massively bad but oh so delicious) fried pork equivalent of
> potato chips.

There is that possibility. Others might include it being some sort of
fabricated, fried thingy akin to the chicken blobs sold at various
fast-food franchises, or some dialect's reference to thin shavings
(i.e. chipped beef).

This is a good process, though. I'm sure the late Mr. Fort would be
proud of us.

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter