[Sca-cooks] Teaching in the SCA

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 06:41:11 PDT 2008

Another really important part of being a good student is to arrive at the
class on time.  It is seriously annoying to be in the middle of a thought
only to have it disrupted by someone arriving late.  The courteous student
will arrive before the scheduled start time, locate a seat and get settled
(pen, paper, whatever to take notes, etc.) before the instructor starts.

The things you mentioned were spot on...including talking to your fellow
students while the class is going on.  Also, if it's a hands-on class, be
sure to pay strict attention to how whatever it is is done...there is
nothing more frustrating to an instructor to go over the process
step-by-step, only to have some one fail in their efforts,not because they
didn't understand, but because (and it is obvious to the teacher) they
weren't paying attention!

Kiri