[Sca-cooks] Teaching in the SCA

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Apr 24 13:53:08 PDT 2008

Klaus replied to me with:

<<< not really what i ment. but thank you for the welcome. i would
like to clear up some things. i didn't take the class for tips on how
to dress in womans clothing. i just like the looks of the differnt
places and times. thats all.... if that is your thing by all means go
for it. but its just not for me . >>>

I understand, and I did originally as well. My apologies if I
offended you. My first two file suggestions were simply made in jest,
which is something I will often do on this list. Many people are
probably tired of my (constant?) suggestions of Florilegium files
which might be of interest to them, so I will sometimes throw in some
more outlandish ones for humor. Like others (hi, Cariadoc!) my humor
often comes across rather dry and sometimes not as obvious as I might
have thought it would. There have also been comments about Stefan
having *everything* in the Florilegium, so sometimes I'll play along
and see just how close I can come (or not) to some obscure comments
or requests.

Had I been serious about thinking you might be gay, I'd have probably
suggested:
SCA-gays-msg      (16K)  9/17/98    Acceptance of Gays and Lesbians
in the SCA.
or
Blue-Feather-msg  (15K)  2/15/00    An explanation and FAQ for the
SCA guild for
                                        gay/lesbian/bisexual folks.

Along the line of tips on how to dress in woman's clothes, or for men
in men's clothes, I do have this file in the CLOTHING section and
would love additional comments:
wearg-p-fshns-msg  (6K)  2/25/06    Wearing period clothing. Moving
in them.

<<< i toke the class 'cause of my larul she suggested to me that i
might need to grow in my areas of study. if i came across in other
ways then thats on me.  no articals just yet. but i hope to work on
some soon.>>>

Good. That and teaching classes are good ways to give back to this
Society and even get yourself a little word fame.

<<< but for now i will just have to consentrate on my pasta. feast in
october. >>>

Is that a pasta feast? Or does the feast have nothing to do with your
pasta?

There have been a number of interesting conversations here over the
years about pasta. And no, Marco Polo was not responsible for
bringing the idea of pasta to Europe from China. :-) Here are a
couple of files in the FOOD section which might be of interest to you:
cuskynoles-msg    (46K)  3/30/08    A medieval fruit-filled pasta dish.
Medievl-Pasta-art  (7K) 10/24/00    "Medieval Pasta!" by Lady Jehanne de
                                        Huguenin.
pasta-msg        (103K)  2/22/02    Period pasta. Period references.
Recipes.
   (I've actually got a lot more newer stuff to add to this file, but
I've been procrastinating because the file is already getting so large)
pasta-gnocchi-msg (14K)  5/15/06    Period gnocchi pasta. Recipes.
pasta-stufed-msg  (38K)  6/26/06    Period stuffed pasta dishes.
Ravioli.

<<< hope to see some of you in Thors mtn then. till then i'll be in
the kitchen.. >>>

Wow. Five or six months? That's a long time to be in the kitchen. :-)

Stefan

Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
   Kluas commented:
<<< i like clothing all periods and places. i have found an interest
in woman's fashion. now I'm 300lbs blond hair 6'4" male. (thump!
thump!_ beats chest to scare off others_) think about being the only
one male in the class of about 25. now besides all the weird looks i
got, i was able to tell the differnts in a Tudor gown and a
Elizabethan. because of this class i meet my lady. so know your
auidance. it could only lead to better things. >>>

Well... There is this file in the CLOTHING section of the Florilegium:
cross-dressng-msg (9K) 4/ 5/05 Cross-dressing in period.

And this one, in the CULTURES section, although perhaps you don't
want to go this authentic. :-)
eunuchs-msg (6K) 3/30/00 Eunuchs and castration in period.