[Sca-cooks] New World Foods

snow flake snowflake_im at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 26 08:43:23 PDT 2008

maple syrup perhaps... but a lot of different trees have sap that i find hard to believe no one would have tried to do something with.  Have to look at the trees across europe now.  ;c)

Eira> From: dephelps at embarqmail.com> To: sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org> Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 09:20:07 -0500> Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] New World Foods> > > Grapefruit is post period. Does anyone know about the avacado? I'm > thinking that it is new world but I'm not sure. Regards tree nuts the pecan > and Brazil nut are new world IIRC but can anyone name others? I think that > "wild rice" is new world and I recall one other grain as well, just can't > seem to recall its name. Certain shell fish, abalone for one, might be > suspect as well? Maple syrup is new world, yes? Certain fish, catfish > perhaps, are suspect also? Regarding fowl the turkey has been already named > as being late 16th century but are there any others such as perhaps quail?> > Daniel > > _______________________________________________> Sca-cooks mailing list> Sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org> http://lists.ansteorra.org/listinfo.cgi/sca-cooks-ansteorra.org