[Sca-cooks] Tree Saps: Was New World Food

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Apr 26 19:55:44 PDT 2008

Or we could take a few moments and just look up
birch sap recipes and note that they did exist.
We don't have to suppose in this case that they were never written down.
Those recipes were written down and they were published and they appear
in printed books that appeared for real in the 16th and 17th centuries.
They also appear in various manuscripts.
So yes with a bit of time invested in some research, we can
find those actual printed words and instructions and use those to guide us.

Johnnae (playing librarian again)