[Sca-cooks] Verjuis alternatives

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 10:50:36 PDT 2008

> You might check to see what the price is for white grape juice. I> have sometimes used that for recipes calling for grape juice or> verjus.

That's a good idea. Or if you happen to have an Oriental or South
American market in your area you can look for something called
"Goya Sour Grape Juice". It's inexpensive and works great!

Mixing orange juice or grape juice and some lemon juice works.

Sometimes you can buy fresh crabapples pretty cheap at
markets. Whiz them in a food processor and strain through
cheesecloth.

Just a couple more logs in the fire.

> Brighid ni Chiarain
Gunthar