[Sca-cooks] Sheepstealing Feast

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 1 03:52:38 PDT 2008

On Apr 1, 2008, at 1:24 AM, Lilinah wrote:
> Adamantius wrote:
>> On Mar 31, 2008, at 8:34 PM, Antonia Calvo wrote:
>>> Ummm... it's April Fools' day, right? I mean, it didn't sound so bad
>>> until you suggested bear with ketchup...
>>
>> Are we not supposed to interpret that as sweet, black, Indonesian soy
>> sauce?
>
> Only if it says ketchap manis. Ketchap is just ketchap asin, that
> is, salty.

Well, yes, The point being that the typical reader of this list might
assume tomato ketchup was intended, which for a number of reasons is
unlikely.

> Mmm-mmm-mmm, ketchap manis...

So what do you do with it, besides make fried rice?

> Yes, i did consider a late period Indonesian persona, but it's too
> darn cold around here.
> C'n i have the bear fur to line some garb?

Are you sufficiently an old-timer on this list to remember the time al-
Sayyid Ras al Zib  presented himself at my kitchen at a Crown Tourney
with a spoon and a bowl of bourrys (which I really think is supposed
to be made with boar meat), made from bear heart? It was good, and I
have something [else] to tell my grandchildren about...

> Now, is this some sort of marsupial bear, or did the colonists bring
> bear with them... bear with me...

I really like Platina's (it _is_ Platina, isn't it?) comments on the
genesis of bears, which apparently aren't mammals who reproduce
through the standard sexual reproduction...

Adamantius

bellies."
			-- Rabbi Israel Salanter