[Sca-cooks] Perry and Huici

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 1 03:58:50 PDT 2008

Suey wrote:

>You clarify everything. I hope Perry was not paid for what you did. The
>more I review this work the more convinced I am that you and Huici are
>the producers of the translations and that Perry did nothing but critize
you,
>which I object to.

I'm probably missing something but I never thought that Perry was
criticizing us at all.  In fact, one of the biggest giggles I got in my
early SCA life was the note from His Grace Cariadoc which said (and I may
be paraphrasing) - "You may take the note on page 33 as a compliment."  I
had to quickly turn to the page to see what it was.  Perry had written
"Elise is finally wrong."  Back to the beginning of the copies of the pages
I had sent in (no computer, all typed on a real typewriter from my umpteen
pages of handwritten notes) to go through each page.  Perry would write
something like "Elise's supposition is correct", "Elise has translated this
correctly" and so on.  There were about four of these and then the comment
"Elise is finally wrong".  It still tickles me!

Alys K.

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com
http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/