[Sca-cooks] Why *X* and not *Y*?

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 07:40:16 PDT 2008

> The whole thing was a big success, and I think part of the reason why  was
> that everybody was able to order a meal in absolute confidence  that they
> could base their decisions entirely on what they wanted, and  on no other
> considerations.

Well, yes. I think you've hit on something very important. I wouldn't walk
into a dodgy restaurant in a weird part of any town and order something just
because it's on the menu and I don't know what it is. I have to have some
confidence in the provider of said food, either because it's a friend, or
because it's a reputable restaurant, or because there are thousands of
people pushing and shoving to get to the counter ;-)