[Sca-cooks] OOP: Stone Fruits

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Sat Aug 2 18:12:21 PDT 2008

We don't get much in the way of stone fruits here....apricots, in season
(although it's relatively unusual to find them grown locally); several kinds
of plums, peaches in the store (don't think they grow here at all), and
cherries.  For all that there's an amazing location to grow cherries
relatively near (couple hours north, around Flathead Lake), we still pretty
much just see Bing cherries.  Rainier cherries imported from Washington
state, too, but that's about it.
We've got a baronial potluck coming up this week, and I think I'll make
Master A's clafoutis for it.....
And I'll try a pluot if I see one in the store...I like the taste of plums,
but don't buy them that often.  (Hmm....that reminds me....I've got a recipe
in one of my cookbooks for a cold plum/cherry soup....hmmmm)
--Maire