[Sca-cooks] Silly season birthdays

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 10:08:59 PDT 2008

Actually, my mother was born on June 13, which was a Friday the year she was
born.  She never regarded it as being bad luck...though my bad luck was to
lose her when she was only 46 (and I was 21).

Phillip and I had our real wedding at Pennsic...actually a handfasting.  We
had had the legal stuff done the previous December mainly because we had to
do it before the end of the year...I had lost my job, needed health
insurance and couldn't afford COBRA.  His company, Oracle Corp., wouldn't
insure heterosexual couples if they weren't married, but would have if we
had been homosexual!!  Go figure.  So, after 24 years of unwedded bliss, we
made it legal.  But, as I said above, the handfasting was held that next
Pennsic...he complained that he thought he had gotten out of all of the
stuff that goes with a formal wedding...but he had to have a new set of
garb, as did I, we had a caterer (Dame Hauviette) and an orchestra (The
Ponte Alto Drum and Harp Corp) and a singer (one of our music Laurels wrote
a song for us!).  It was a wonderful memory...

Kiri (whose birthday falls on the 29th of October, so every 5 years (65 was
the last one), there is a party, usually a costume party!)