[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

Gaylin Walli gaylinwalli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 13:19:57 PDT 2008

Not too long ago, I published a question on the Middle Kingdom Cooks list
asking what kind of tips people had come up with for working in SCA
kitchens. I wasn't interested in the "Make sure you have a plan" sort of
suggestions, or "Use Excel" kind of tips, but things a bit more practical,
such as "If you run out of pasty bags, try using a zippered plastic bag with
the corner cut off" and "When shopping in bulk for some of your feast
supplies, wear a modern chef's jacket."

I received a few responses, but I'm sure there are more that other people
have garnered over the years. What are they? I'd love to hear them.

Iasmin