[Sca-cooks] health dept. RE: kitchen tips

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Wed Aug 20 12:11:17 PDT 2008

I agree with knowing your local food rules but... the site you gave (though
helpful) is for people selling food to the public. We come under the same
category as church fundraising suppers with our feasts, Inns are a slight
gray area, but having a food booth like at a Library Renfest comes under the
local Health Department. There are exceptions to the latter.
I consider it a plus for the group of people going to work in the kitchen at
feast to have taken a handlers coarse so they have an idea of food safety.
Some places it is expensive (said to be $10. Here where I am at it is $2,
though they are talking about getting a new video and will raise the price
to $3.

De