[Sca-cooks] Cookbook Collection Going to Penn...a question...

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Aug 20 17:26:52 PDT 2008

As usual with any University Special Collection, write or call and ask
about the collection and seeing it in person. (It may be unavailable while
being catalogued for instance.) Special collections as a general rule
have special
policies and special hours and many restrictions.
Some libraries will let you in and show you everything. Others like the
Folger Shakespeare Library make you jump through hoops and then jump
even higher. You make an appointment there weeks or months in advance
and provide
all the reasons why only that collection will do. having been ok'ed,
imagine standing before the desk at Folger while they call your academic