[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 05:57:15 PDT 2008

A couple of things here...we've had a couple of Atlantian monarchs who have
refused to eat our feasts...and one who specified that he didn't eat much of
anything other than hotdogs, cheese and HoHo's.  The biggest insult was the
one who came into the kitchen long enough to inform us (at his decoronation)
that he was hanging around long enough to serve High Table (a tradition here
in Atlantia), but that he'd be leaving as soon as the serving was done
because he refused to eat feasts!  The other head cook (a good friend who
rarely loses her temper) threw, not a wobbly, but her tennis shoe!  The only
reason he didn't get hit was because he had closed the door behind him
seconds before the shoe hit the door!

On the topic of feeding our staff...normally, I provide "munchies" for my
staff, but the autocrat for the last Middle Eastern feast knew that Phillip
and I were having some financial difficulties, so she allowed funds to cover
this in the money I was given for feast.  I did have to account for that
money just as I did for feast expenditures.  It'd be 'way cool if the idea
continued!

Kiri