[Sca-cooks] Cooks within the SCA

euriol euriol at ptd.net
Thu Aug 21 14:33:06 PDT 2008

There was one feast I did end up walking out on... and it had nothing to do
with the cook. When I arrived at the event there was no seating chart
available to secure a seat for me, my lord and my two sons. At no time
during the event did I ever hear that one was made available (i.e. no
annoucement). An annoucement was made for people to take their seats and
the food was starting to go out... I had no seats. There was no two seats
available together. (It was at this time that I discovered a seating chart
and come out sometime during the event). I wasn't about to disrupt
everything as food was already being served just so I could get seated with
my children. My children were quite hungry... so we all left and had dinner
at a restaurant. Part of the irony of that day was my eldest son helped to
cook in the kitchen.

So there are a couple of tips for cooks/autocrats. Make sure that however
the seating is to be arranged, that it is all squared away before people
need to be in their seats for the feast.

Euriol