[Sca-cooks] outgoing Crowns

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Aug 21 19:54:31 PDT 2008

<<< Often called "last court". And, at least in AEthelmearc, the
outgoing king always crowns the incoming king with accompaning
ceremony.?

Yep-our Kingdom varies.

We kill our outgoing Crowns in Meridies.

Its tradition! >>>

This is true in a number of SCA kingdoms, although not in Ansteorra.

Here are some reports on some of the most interesting "decoronations".

royal-deaths-msg  (44K)  7/ 4/08    Stories of the best SCA royal
deaths.
  http://www.florilegium.org/files/STORIES/royal-deaths-msg.html

<<< The only exception has been the King who proposed to his
Queen...that was a different kind of death. <G> >>>

How about writing up a short email to me about this that I can add to
the appropriate Florilegium files. Although I am more likely to put
it in one of these two files than the above one.
romance-today-msg (12K)  4/13/00    Romantic ideas from period to use
today.
SCA-romance-msg   (40K)  2/13/06    SCA romances and meeting SOs in
the SCA.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas