[Sca-cooks] kitchen tips

edoard at medievalcookery.com edoard at medievalcookery.com
Fri Aug 22 06:39:58 PDT 2008

I've tried making frumenty in the oven, and it does work with cracked
wheat (see notes at URL below).  I didn't change the water ratio at all
(2 water : 1 grain), but I did have to cook it a *lot* longer (2 hours
as opposed to 15 minutes).  So if oven space is plentiful and you're
making absolutely huge batches, then this may be the way to go.

Frumenty
http://recipes.medievalcookery.com/frumenty.html

For the feast I'm cooking in two weeks I'll probably use the oven
method, but I may try using roasters instead.

- Doc